At our family dinners, these potatoes are the first item to disappear from the buffet table. That’s why I make them in bulk! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. small red or white potatoes, cleaned and cut in halves
- light olive oil or vegetable oil
- Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Roasting spice blend:
- 2 T kosher salt
- 1 T coarse ground pepper
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 375 F convection.
- Make the spice blend: Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and stir well. Optional: double this amount and store in a reusable container.
- Prep potatoes: Scrub skins well. Cut in half and store in water until ready to use.
- Season: Toss potatoes in a bowl with a sprinkling of roasting spice blend and enough oil to coat. Place potatoes skin side up on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer. (You may need several baking sheets to roast potatoes.)
- Roast for one hour or until browned and crisp, flipping halfway through baking to brown evenly.
- To make potatoes days or weeks ahead: Roast as directed but for only thirty minutes, flipping halfway through baking time. Remove after 30 minutes and let cool completely. Wrap well and freeze. Take out frozen potatoes and cut in halves to resemble steak fries while frozen.
- Reheat at 400 F (375 F convection) on greased baking sheets for twenty minutes or until just warmed through.
- Serve hot potatoes with an additional sprinkling of kosher salt and chopped parsley (optional).
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Garlic Roasted Potatoes