It’s time to make a refreshing pitcher of White Sangria, the perfect drink to go with Easy Paella and Pan con tomate, two Spanish recipes I’ve featured on the blog this month. Both are easy, satisfying recipes you can serve for dinner or your next party.
Sangria’s so versatile. And it doesn’t have to be sweet. Choose sparkling wine like Cava or Prosecco or something zesty like Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc or Riesling. I choose a sparkling Spanish white for a bubbly (but less sweet drink) which goes well with everything from cheese and crackers to barbecue.
Add brandy or triple sec, lemon juice, fresh fruit, sugar and pour over ice.
You can also assemble the liquids ahead of time and refrigerate. Just before serving, add fruit to the pitcher and glasses and pour over ice.
- 3–4 nectarines or white peaches
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (60 ml) + lemon slices for serving
- 1/4 cup Brandy or Triple Sec (60 ml)
- 1 bottle cold Cava or Sparkling white (or an aromatic white like Chenin Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Grigio)(750 ml)
- pint of raspberries
- Cut nectarines or peaches into cubes and mix with sugar.
- Place half the fruit into the bottom of a pitcher.
- (If assembling early, leave out the fruit until serving time.)
- Pour in lemon juice, brandy and cold white wine and stir (gently).
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, fill glasses with: ice, nectarines or peaches, raspberries and lemon slices.
- Pour sangria into glasses and enjoy!
- Optional: Serve with extra fruit and spoons.
Adapted from winefolly.com’s White Peach Sangria with Cava