Got roasted chicken, make this easy and classic Chicken Waldorf Salad for your next dinner, lunch or snack.
Just chop, assemble, and serve!
Over salad greens, on crackers or in your favorite sandwich bread, Chicken Waldorf Salad is the quick ‘n easy solution to the roasted chicken dilemma!Print
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut halves
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken, skin and bones removed
- 1 medium red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup sliced red or green grapes
- 4 stalks of celery, (about 1 cup) thinly sliced
- kosher salt to taste
- Salad greens, parsley, crackers or sandwich bread of choice
- Roast nuts (optional): Preheat oven to 315 F. Place nuts on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and bake 10 -15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Reserve a few halves for decoration and chop the rest into small pieces. Set aside.
- Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, and lemon juice. Add chicken, apple, grapes, celery and 1/4 cup nuts. Blend well. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Before serving, top salad with remaining chopped nuts.
- Serve over salad greens, with crackers or on your favorite sandwich bread.
- Garnish with salad greens,parsley, grapes, apple slices and nuts.
Adapted from eatingwell.com