Gluten Free Cheese Crackers are a delicious cheesy cracker snack made with almond flour.
With just six ingredients, this is a basic cracker you can dress up with spices or simplify.
So easy to make you’ll find excuses to whip up some this weekend for your next get together or happy hour on the patio with friends and family.
Ten minutes of prep, an hour to freeze the dough.
Slice and bake (12-15 minutes +) and you’ll have homemade gluten free, delicious crackers to go with your favorite summertime anytime dip or snack.
Gather all ingredients before you begin. Use any vegetable oil on hand, such as canola or light olive oil. Be sure to choose a strong, salty cheese to flavor the crackers.
Form the dough into logs and freeze for an hour or up to 24 before thinly slicing and baking for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crisp on both sides.
Serve with cheeses, dip, salsa or fruit.
Spice it up: Add in your favorite herb or spice, such as thyme or cayenne. Use 1/2 tsp dry herb or spice or 1-2 tsp fresh.
Dairy Free: Replace cheese with nuts, seeds or herbs.
Vegan: Leave out egg and use vegan cheese or see above.
Cookies: Leave out cheese. Replace oil with 3 T coconut oil,
add 2-3 T honey or agave nectar and ½ t vanilla.
Before baking, roll in sugar or chopped nuts.Print
Adapted from SparkPeople user MOMRITZ
- 1 ¼ cup finely ground, blanched almond meal/flour
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (or strong flavored)
- (reserve more for sprinkling on top before baking)
- paprika or cayenne (optional) for decoration
- Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a small bowl, add egg and oil and whisk well with a fork.
- Add wet ingredients to dry: Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, add cheese and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until dough forms.
- Form logs: Turn dough out onto a few sheets of parchment paper. Shape into 2 equal size logs, about 8 -9″ in length. Roll up each log in parchment, place in a Ziploc bag and freeze for 1 – 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F/325 F convection/ 175 C.
- Cut and bake crackers: Remove logs from freezer and cut into equal slices with a sharp knife, about 1/4 inch thick. Start by cutting the log in half, then in half again and again until you have about 32 crackers from each log. Transfer to baking sheet and sprinkle tops with extra cheese, paprika or both. Bake on 2 parchment lined baking sheets for 12 -15 minutes or until browned and crispy. OR just slice and bake 1 log and save the other log for later.
- Serving ideas:
- Serve with cheeses, dip, salsa or fruit.
- Spice it up: Add in your favorite herb or spice, such as thyme or cayenne. Use 1/2 tsp dry herb or spice or 1-2 tsp fresh.
- Dairy Free: Replace cheese with nuts, seeds or herbs.
- Vegan: Leave out egg and use vegan cheese or see above.
- Cookies: Leave out cheese. Replace oil with 3 T coconut oil,
- add 2-3 T honey or agave nectar and ½ t vanilla.
- Before baking, roll in sugar or chopped nuts.