If you follow a low carb, paleo, or meat based diet, you’ll love this simple paleo meatloaf.
Just combine all ingredients, transfer into a loaf pan and bake.
Low Carb Roll Ups: Thinly slice cold or warm meatloaf and load into low carb tortillas with salsa and low carb veggies.
Paleo Eggs Benedict: Instead of bread, top meatloaf slices with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.
Meatloaf “Fries”: Cut cold meatloaf into rectangles like fries, broil until crispy and dunk in low carb bbq sauce or mustard.
Anyway you slice it, simple paleo meatloaf tastes good hot, cold or room temperature.
PIN, DIG IN & ENJOY
More meat recipes for cold days:
- Greek Meatballs in Tangy Tomato Sauce
- The Best Brisket Ever
- Southwestern Chili
- A Little Spicy Mexican Stew
- East Meets West Beef Stew
I’d love to see what YOU are cooking!
If you make this recipe, please tag a photo #diginwithdana on Instagram.
If you follow a low carb, paleo, or meat based diet, you’ll love this simple paleo meatloaf. Just combine all ingredients, transfer into a loaf pan and bake. Good hot, cold or room temp.
- 8 oz diced pancetta or bacon (turkey bacon ok)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided ( I like Classico Tomato and Basil.)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons italian spices (or 1 teaspoon each dried oregano and basil)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 pound ground meat ( I used 85/15)
- 1 pound ground sausage (any kind you like)
- Optional garnishes: fresh parsley or rosemary, extra salsa or tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large loaf pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Saute bacon or pancetta and celery over medium heat until bacon is cooked through and celery is translucent. Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add in 3/4 cup tomato sauce, garlic, italian spices, cumin and cooled bacon/celery mixture.
- With clean hands, crumble meats on top and mix together gently until well combined.
- Transfer meat to loaf pan and gently push the long sides inward to form a dome on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove and pour remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce on top. Continue baking 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then turn out onto a cutting board and slice into 8 large or 16 small pieces.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, like parsley or rosemary and a side of salsa or tomato sauce.
- See blog post for additional serving ideas.
Adapted from Mexicali Meat Loaf, 500 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender
Nutritional Information for Simple Paleo Meatloaf.