Rich, cheesy and delicious, this Cheesy Baked Mac N Cheese is our family’s all star favorite comfort food.
For weeknight dinners or holiday parties, there’s no better casserole.
Make this gluten free with Barilla gluten free spaghetti, broken.
Once upon a time…
I made a dish of Mac N Cheese for my nephew, who was a very picky eater. He wouldn’t touch the Thanksgiving turkey, roast beef or dressing, but he would always eat the mac ‘n cheese.
- Boil and drain noodles, combine ingredients but don’t bake the casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to three days, then just double the baking time before serving.
- The noodles absorb the cream and are especially tender and flavorful this way.
Pin below and DIG IN!
POST your #diginwithdana creations on FB or Instagram.
FOLLOW me on >>> Facebook , Instagram OR Pinterest
EMAIL anytime>>> firstname.lastname@example.org.Print
My most requested, comfort food dish for family dinners and Thanksgiving. Double the recipe in a 9 x 13 pan for your next potluck or get together and watch it disappear.
- Baking spray
- 12 ounces large elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta noodles (340 gm)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded 4 flavor Mexican cheese (168 gm)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (4 oz/120 gm)
- 1 cup half ‘n half or heavy whipping cream (8 oz/240 ml)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- * Optional: 1/2 cup ( 4 oz/120 gm) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (add at end of baking time)
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan and a large sheet of foil with cooking spray (Use a 9 x 13 pan for double recipe).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil macaroni or your favorite noodles 6 minutes.
- While noodles are boiling, measure out 4 flavor cheese, sour cream and cream.
- Drain noodles in a colander and return to pot.
- While noodles are hot, stir in cheese and sour cream until combined, then stir in cream.
- Taste noodles and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour noodle mixture into prepared dish. Cover with the oiled side of the foil facing the noodles.
- Make ahead option: Cover and refrigerate up to three days until ready to cook.
- (For cold noodles, Add 30 minutes to cooking time.)
- Bake 30 minutes, then uncover, top with sharp shredded cheese and bake 10 more minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers covered, in refrigerator, up to five days.