My most requested, comfort food dish for family dinners and Thanksgiving. Double the recipe in a 9 x 13 pan for your next potluck or get together and watch it disappear.
- Baking spray
- 12 ounces large elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta noodles (340 gm)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded 4 flavor Mexican cheese (168 gm)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (4 oz/120 gm)
- 1 cup half ‘n half or heavy whipping cream (8 oz/240 ml)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- * Optional: 1/2 cup ( 4 oz/120 gm) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (add at end of baking time)
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan and a large sheet of foil with cooking spray (Use a 9 x 13 pan for double recipe).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil macaroni or your favorite noodles 6 minutes.
- While noodles are boiling, measure out 4 flavor cheese, sour cream and cream.
- Drain noodles in a colander and return to pot.
- While noodles are hot, stir in cheese and sour cream until combined, then stir in cream.
- Taste noodles and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour noodle mixture into prepared dish. Cover with the oiled side of the foil facing the noodles.
- Make ahead option: Cover and refrigerate up to three days until ready to cook.
- (For cold noodles, Add 30 minutes to cooking time.)
- Bake 30 minutes, then uncover, top with sharp shredded cheese and bake 10 more minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers covered, in refrigerator, up to five days.