Quick! Grab a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix and make this Jiffy Blueberry Cornbread.
Bursting with blueberries and slightly sweet, Jiffy Blueberry Cornbread can be
Breakfast, Brunch or Dessert:
- Just in time for July 4 and summer fun!
- Make cornbread OR muffins in about an hour.
- Can be dairy free or vegetarian
Pin and Dig In!
More recipes like this:
- Red white and blueberry buckle
- Sour cream cornbread muffins
- Lemon blueberry cupcakes
- The very best blueberry muffins
- Meyer lemon blueberry cake (can be dairy free and vegan)
Have you made a diginwithdana recipe lately??
TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @DANAZGERARD, HASHTAG #DIGINWITHDANA
EMAIL ME >>>>> email@example.com
Blur the lines between breakfast, brunch and dessert. Homemade cornbread or muffins in about an hour. Can be dairy free or vegetarian.
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (can be vegetarian)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup buttermilk* (can be non dairy)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
*To make “buttermilk”- combine 1/3 cup milk of choice and 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar. Stir and let sit five minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- For cornbread, line a metal or glass 8 x 8 pan with baking spray and parchment, if desired.
- For muffins, line 8 out of 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Combine corn muffin mix, sugar, salt and stir well to break up lumps.
- Remove 2 tablespoons dry mix, toss in with blueberries and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together eggs, buttermilk, lemon and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry. Use rubber spatula to combine in as few strokes as possible.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Let batter rest four minutes.
- Place cornbread pan or muffin tin in oven while batter rests.
- Gently stir batter once or twice. Pour into pan or divide among 8 muffin cups.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes. Cornbread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool. Best eaten in the first two days or freeze for up to three months.