Dress up eggs, vegetables and your favorite casseroles with this no fail Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1/2 cup (113 gm) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- Place egg yolks and lemon juice in blender container. Cover and blend 30 seconds.
- Microwave butter in a glass measuring cup for one minute or until completely melted.
- With the blender on high, slowly pour the melted butter a little at a time into the yolk mixture.
- Stop, add in mustard, cayenne and salt and continue blending until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- To keep sauce warm until serving, place blender container in a pan of hot water.
- Store leftover Hollandaise Sauce covered in the refrigerator up to five days.
- Reheat hollandaise in heatproof bowl inside a pan of hot water, stirring frequently until hot.
- See blog post for serving suggestions and variations.