Easy to make two bite coconut delights. May use a gluten free flour or leave the flour out. Crunchy and golden outside, moist and chewy inside, this cookie bakes fast and disappears even faster. Better make a double batch!
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅓ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips OR
- zest of 1 lime + ⅓ cup dried pineapple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy. Then stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together coconut and flour.
- Variations: Stir in either chocolate chips OR lime zest and chopped pineapple, optional.
- If you like, separate the cookie batter into two bowls and use ¼ cup chocolate chips in one bowl and zest of one lime and ¼ cup dried pineapple, chopped, in the other bowl.
- Use a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop to drop rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet. (Cookies will not spread.) Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating sheet carefully halfway through to ensure even browning. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 18.
- For a double recipe, use two baking sheets.
adapted from Taste of Home