Spice up your salad or cheese plate with these sweet and spicy roasted pecans.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (generous) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less for mild and more for spicy)
- 3 cups pecan pieces (or any unsalted nut combination)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper sprayed with oil.
- Set aside another large piece of parchment or foil (to cool the nuts after baking)
- Toast pecans (plain) for ten minutes, then let cool completely.
- Combine honey and spices in a large, microwaveable bowl.
- Heat in microwave until bubbly, 30 – 60 seconds, then stir well to dissolve salt and spices.
- Add honey mixture to cooled nuts, mix well, then spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake five minutes, then stir to coat pecans with the melted honey spice mixture.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Transfer roasted pecans to clean foil or parchment and separate pieces with a fork.
- Let cool completely.
- Make up to three days ahead and store at room temperature in an airtight container.