Fruity Greek Salad is a summer salad stunner: sweet and tart, salty and satisfying.
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens (5 oz/60 gm)
- 2 small apples (8 oz/230 gm), sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup greek olives, pitted ( 1 1/2 oz/45 gm)
- 1 pint raspberries or berries of choice
- 1/2 cup creamy feta cheese, crumbled (50 gm)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground cracked pepper
- handful of mint leaves, chopped
- In a large serving bowl, layer arugula, apples, olives and 1/2 of the raspberries.
- In another mixing bowl, mash 1/4 cup feta slightly with the back of spoon.
- Add in lemon juice, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well with fork. Taste and adjust seasonings. ( Go easy on additional salt. The olives and feta are already salty!)
- When you are ready to serve, pour on half the salad dressing and toss very gently.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint and the remaining raspberries. Serve remaining dressing and crumbled feta cheese on the side.
- See blog post above for variations and a guide to creating fresh, seasonal salads throughout the year.
Dressing adapted from slenderkitchen.com