Add this easy White Chocolate Pecan Fudge recipe to your short list of can do homemade candies.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (275 gm)
- 4 tablespoons butter (56 gm)( vegan butter okay)
- dash salt
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz/210 gm)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk ( 5 oz/160 gm) (can sub coconut cream or evaporated vegan milk)
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( 4 oz/120 gm)
- 3 cups white chocolate chips or baking chunks, (18 oz/540 gm)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (6 gm)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (1 gm)
- Optional toppings:
- pecan halves
- shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- colored sugar
- mini candies
- chopped dried fruit
- a drizzle of melted chocolate
- Spray and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a large pot, combine granulated sugar, butter, salt, marshmallow, and milk. Off heat, stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Place pot over medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips. Place pot over lowest heat and stir constantly until mixture is smooth and chips are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans or mix ins of choice and flavorings. Pour evenly into prepared half sheet pan, smoothing top and sides. While fudge is warm, use tip of a paring knife to draw across top, dividing fudge into four squares or six rectangles.
- Decorate each square or rectangle with a different topping, like pecan halves, shredded coconut, colored sugar, sprinkles, mini candies, chopped dried fruit or a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Press decorations (lightly!) into fudge so it sticks. Let cool, wrap well and freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 48 small squares.
- See nutrition information below.