You won’t need a candy thermometer to make these delicious, easy fudge bites. Use any melting chocolate and mix in you like, such as white chocolate and chopped fruit, dark chocolate and candy bits or a mix of semi and dark chocolate with chopped, roasted nuts. The variations are limitless!
- 1/2 cup pecans (2 oz/ 60 gm)
- 2 tablespoons butter (1 oz/28 gm)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz/140 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (11 oz/ 308 gm)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (5 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, dark or white) (9 oz/255 gm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, multi colored candies or chopped nuts (optional) (2 oz/60 gm)
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper on bottom and halfway up sides.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. On a baking sheet, roast pecans 10-15 minutes until brown and fragrant. Remove from oven, let cool, then chop.
- In a large pot, combine butter, milk, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips until completely melted, then stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan. Smooth the top and corners with a spatula.
- Top fudge with sprinkles, candies or nuts and gently press in.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator until cold.
- Cut fudge into 1/2” squares.
- Makes 64 minis.