Adapted from Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats
- *1 cup All Purpose Flour (130 gm)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (2.5 gm)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2.5 gm)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (1.5 gm)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) (113 gm)
- ½ cup light brown sugar (120 gm)
- ½ cup white sugar (120 gm)
- 1 egg or egg replacement
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (9 gm)
- 1 tablespoon water (15 ml)
- 1½ cup uncooked rolled oats (255 gm)
- 1 cup candy or mix-ins of choice (140 gm)
- * May Sub Gluten Free Flour + 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 (16 oz) bag chocolate chips (optional for decoration) (450 gm)
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 325 F convection.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars with an electric or handheld mixer until mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Combine egg, vanilla and water and whisk to blend well.
- Add wet ingredientsto butter/sugar mixture and combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in flour and mix on low until flour just disappears.
- Add oatmeal and candyand mix until just combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least an hour or overnight.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form cookies: Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop and drop cookies (1 inch apart) onto 2 baking sheets. Optional: Wrap formed cookies on baking sheets with plastic wrap and freeze up to one month.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or for frozen 12 – 14 minutes.
- Remove from ovenand let cool completely. Cookies will be soft but will firm up as they cool.