A fruity salsa with room for seasonal variations. Load peach salsa onto lime marinated chicken for a sweet and spicy change of pace from traditional tomato based salsas.
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- ½ small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 dried apricots (2 oz.)
- 5 peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 T Italian parsley, cilantro or basil, chopped
- ½ lime, zested
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- pinch of cayenne and agave nectar (optional) to taste
- Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well. Squeeze peach peels and remaining juices over salsa before discarding.
- Optional: Add a pinch of cayenne and a little agave or liquid sweetener of choice.
- Garnish with thin slices of peaches, peppers and herbs.
- Substitute any fresh fruit in season! Try mango, pineapple, kiwis, apples or a combination of fruits.
- For best flavor, refrigerate a few hours or overnight. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.