The zucchini version of mac ‘n cheese: just zucchini, cheese, salt and pepper! Infinitely adaptable and easy to make ahead and reheat. Your new favorite go to vegetable casserole!
- 6 zucchini, yellow squash or mixture
- 4 laughing cow cheese triangles, creamy swiss or light
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend or parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover bottom and sides of a 8 x 8 or similar casserole dish with baking spray and parchment.
- Slice zucchini or yellow squash into thin rounds.
- Par-boil squash in salted boiling water until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Return squash to pot and mix with laughing cow cheese to coat.
- Pour squash into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. During the last five minutes of baking, add shredded cheese on top.
- For extra color, turn oven to broil just until cheese bubbles and starts to brown.
- To prepare in advance, do steps 1 – 5. Cover, refrigerate and bake until hot just before serving.
- After baking, use parchment sides to lift out vegetables. Cut into pretty squares or triangles. Discard parchment and return zucchini to casserole dish.
- Serve with extra cheese and chopped parsley, if desired.
This original recipe is Dana’s favorite EASY way to eat zucchini!