Passover, paleo and gluten free bakers rejoice!
This almond flour and honey sandwich bread has
six ingredients, zero wheat.
Fine “almond flour” bread is great for
- french toast
- finger sandwiches
- bread pudding
Darker, crunchy “almond meal” bread is perfect for
- cheese boards
- hearty sandwiches
My friend Liz, who is gluten intolerant and my husband, who is not, both raved about this delicious bread.
Find Passover Puffs and more Passover favorite recipes here.
Other bread recipes you might like:
EMAIL anytime >>> firstname.lastname@example.org.Print
Great for gluten free diets and Passover too. Enjoy toast, sandwiches, bread crumbs and bread pudding with this six ingredient, no wheat bread.
- *2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (280 gm)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (can be kosher for Passover)
- 3 large eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Sliced or slivered almonds for decoration (optional)
- * For a darker, nuttier bread, use coarse almond meal or a 50/50 mix of almond flour and almond meal.
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Spray or grease bottom and sides of an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda. Stir thoroughly to break up any lumps.
- Crack eggs and separate yolks from whites. Set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, honey and vinegar.
- Use an electric mixer or whisk to beat whites until soft peaks form. (This gives the almond bread a lighter texture and helps it rise.) Set aside.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir egg yolk mixture into almond flour mix, then gently fold in the whites until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. For a smoother look, wet the back of a plastic spatula and level tops and corners before baking.
- Bake 33-35 minutes on bottom oven rack or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of loaf comes out clean. Start checking after 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. For prettier slices, wrap and freeze bread before slicing.
- Wrap and freeze leftover almond flour bread up to a month.