Chock full of creamy spinach and artichokes, this baked dip gets a double kick of spice from diced jalepenos and red pepper flakes. For a heartier dip, add shredded chicken or flaked crab.
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full fat greek yogurt
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 – 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and coarsely chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13 or 2 small size oven safe baking dishes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, chopped jalepenos ( if using), garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Add in well drained spinach and artichoke hearts and blend well. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling. For an extra crispy, browned top, broil for 3-5 additional minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers, pita, tortilla or potato chips, bread sticks or slices of French baguette. Or serve with raw vegetables like carrots and celery.
- Lasts up to five days in the refrigerator.
Adapted from allrecipes, Hot and Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip