Add these Easy White Chocolate Pecan Fudgies to your short list of can do homemade candies.
*No candy thermometer required!
*Forty minutes to prep and cook.
*Can be dairy free!
Make delicious white (or brown) chocolate pecan fudge, anytime, and decorate for any occasion, from Easter, to summer celebrations and everything in between.
This is a great candy recipe for a beginner cook or to make with children.
Let’s make fudge!
If you don’t like white chocolate, substitute milk or dark chocolate. Instead of pecans, substitute almonds or your favorite nut, candy or dried fruit.
Dairy alternatives: dairy free chocolate chips, vegan butter and coconut cream or evaporated soy or nut milk.
To evaporate soy or nut milk, just boil 3 cups over medium heat, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1 cup, then measure out 2/3 cup for this recipe.
While you measure out your other ingredients, toast your pecans or favorite nuts.
Preheat oven to 315 F and bake on a foil or parchment lined sheet pan until brown and fragrant, about 15 – 20 minutes.
Save time on future recipes by toasting an entire 1 pound bag now. Measure out 1 cup for this recipe, then cool and freeze the rest.
*Pull out frozen nuts before happy hour.
*Chop and add to pancakes, salads or a breadcrumb mixture for chicken or fish.
Use a large pot so you have r o o m to stir the ingredients easily. Stir together the sugar, butter, salt, marshmallow cream and milk until smooth.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir five minutes, then remove from heat and add in chocolate.
Once the chocolate is melted and completely smooth, stir in nuts or add ins and flavorings. THAT’S IT!
Pour and spread fudge evenly into a parchment or plastic wrap-lined half sheet baking pan.
Now for the fun part!
While fudge is warm, use the tip of a paring knife to draw just across the top of the fudge into four or six large squares.
One square or rectangle at a time, top with or sprinkle on your favorite toppings:
*chopped dried fruit
*a drizzle of melted chocolate
Press decorations (lightly!) into fudge so it sticks. Let cool, wrap well and freeze or refrigerate until firm.
Cut into 48 small squares.
Dig in to EASY White Chocolate Pecan Fudgies, the perfect sweet ending to any celebration!
Enjoy your holiday, spring-time and all the sweet events spring brings.
Follow me on Pinterest
Leave comments below or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar (275 gm)
- 4 tablespoons butter (56 gm)( vegan butter okay)
- dash salt
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz/210 gm)
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk ( 5 oz/160 gm) (can sub coconut cream or evaporated vegan milk)
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( 4 oz/120 gm)
- 3 cups white chocolate chips or baking chunks, (18 oz/540 gm)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract (6 gm)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (1 gm)
- Optional toppings:
- pecan halves
- shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- colored sugar
- mini candies
- chopped dried fruit
- a drizzle of melted chocolate
- Spray and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a large pot, combine granulated sugar, butter, salt, marshmallow, and milk. Off heat, stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Place pot over medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips. Place pot over lowest heat and stir constantly until mixture is smooth and chips are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans or mix ins of choice and flavorings. Pour evenly into prepared half sheet pan, smoothing top and sides. While fudge is warm, use tip of a paring knife to draw across top, dividing fudge into four squares or six rectangles.
- Decorate each square or rectangle with a different topping, like pecan halves, shredded coconut, colored sugar, sprinkles, mini candies, chopped dried fruit or a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Press decorations (lightly!) into fudge so it sticks. Let cool, wrap well and freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 48 small squares.
- See nutrition information below.
Nutrition Information for about 1 oz/27 gm of fudge using white chocolate chips, evaporated dairy milk and dairy butter. Topping ingredients not included in this calculation.