Fast track your cookie baking with this chocolate chewie cookie made from (shh!!!!) Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake Mix. Use this easy recipe as a guide to make any flavor cake mix cookie you like: Strawberry, Lemon, Cinnamon Swirl, Red Velvet.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes Devil’s food cake mix (like Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup or more of confectioners’ or granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Adjust your oven racks for 2 rows of cookies. Coat 2 baking sheets with baking spray and line with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, then add in oil and vanilla until well blended. Add in the dry cake mix and stir just until a stiff dough forms.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to form 1 1/2 inch balls, set balls on one cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until very cold, about 30 minutes – 1 hour. Roll each cold cookie ball two times in a bowl of confectioners’ sugar, then shake off excess. Place cookies 2 inches apart on two lined baking sheets. (Recipe makes between 30-34 cookies.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- Store cooled cookies covered at room temperature for up to three days.
- See blog post for more tips and variations.
Adapted from food.com Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Karen