Fast track your cookie baking with these chocolate chewies made from (shh!!!!) Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake Mix.
Use this easy recipe as a guide to make any flavor cake mix cookie you like:
*Strawberry *Red Velvet *German Chocolate
*Spice Cake *Lemon *Carrot Cake
* Butter Golden *Chocolate Fudge…….
This is a great cookie recipe for beginner bakers or for that last minute dessert.
Follow these simple tips for foolproof cookies:
*Chill cookie dough balls until very cold. This helps powdered sugar “stick” to the dough and keeps cookies from getting too flat.
*Roll each ball twice in powdered sugar before baking. Extra powdered sugar yields lots of pretty crinkles in the cookies.
*Underbake: bake just 8 – 10 minutes, until the tops of cookies are just set. This makes the cookies chewy inside and crunchy outside.
Store cooled cookies covered at room temperature for up to three days.
Dig in to Chocolate Chewies and get ready for rave reviews!
At just 100 calories and 4 grams of fat each, it’s okay to indulge (and don’t worry, the cake
mix part can be our little secret!).
Dig this or any diginwithdana recipe?
Leave comments; make/ rate a recipe below.
Show me what you are baking on my Facebook or Instagram page with #diginwithdana.
Email anytime firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 (18¼ ounce) boxes Devil's food cake mix (like Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- ½ cup vegetable or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup or more of confectioners' or granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Adjust your oven racks for 2 rows of cookies. Coat 2 baking sheets with baking spray and line with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, then add in oil and vanilla until well blended. Add in the dry cake mix and stir just until a stiff dough forms.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to form 1½ inch balls, set balls on one cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until very cold, about 30 minutes - 1 hour. Roll each cold cookie ball two times in a bowl of confectioners' sugar, then shake off excess. Place cookies 2 inches apart on two lined baking sheets. (Recipe makes between 30-34 cookies.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- Store cooled cookies covered at room temperature for up to three days.
- See blog post for more tips and variations.