Six Ingredients are all you need to make these flawless, Flourless Brownie Bites:
To get eggs to room temperature quickly, place cold eggs in warm water for 5 – 10 minutes.
Unsweetened Cocoa replaces flour and nuts replace the oil/butter in this gluten free brownie. Make in muffin tins or as drop cookies.
- 1 heaping cup pecan halves, (130 gm) + 24 extra pecan halves for decoration (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (180 gm)
- 1/4 cup + 2T unsweetened dark or regular cocoa powder (35 gm) (Use a mixture of the two for best flavor and color.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Toast the pecans: Spread pecans on the baking sheet and bake for 9 -10 minutes until golden brown. Let cool, place on a cutting board and chop finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together powdered sugar, cocoa and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir in chopped nuts. Then add egg whites + vanilla and stir gently just until batter is completely moistened.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to place batter into mini cupcake liners on a baking sheet or into greased mini muffin tins. ( Makes 20-24 minis or cookies.)
- To make cookies, use a lined baking sheet and space one tablespoon mounds of batter 2″ apart.
- Optional: place a pecan half in the center of some or all of the cups or cookies.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until tops of cups or cookies are shiny, slightly cracked and firm to the touch. Let cool before serving.
Adapted from Francois Payard’s Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Cookies