Adapted from Chef Chloe’s Chocolate Chip Banana Cake. Moist, classic banana bread with ten ingredients. Easy, fast and delicious. This will become your new favorite cake!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (260 gm.)
- (Or gluten free all purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1 cup sugar + ¼ cup for topping (250 gm. + 50 gm.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 gm.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (2.5 gm.)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (1.5 gm.)
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, well mixed (240 ml.)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white or apple cider) (9 ml.)
- ½ cup canola oil (120 ml.)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla (6 gm.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line two 5 x 10 loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients: bananas, coconut milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix gently with a rubber spatula or wooden mixing spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of the cake batter evenly into each loaf pan.
- Sprinkle tops of each cake evenly with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. (Rotate pans halfway through baking time for even browning.)
- Makes 2 small 5 x 10 loaves.