Ten ingredients are all you need to make this classic vegan banana bread: no dairy or eggs required. (But it can be our little secret!)
This recipe is adapted from Chef Chloe’s Chocolate Chip Banana Cake. Just mix together dry and wet ingredients. No mixer required. It’s a fast, easy recipe that’s totally delicious. This will become your new favorite cake!Print
Adapted from Chef Chloe’s Chocolate Chip Banana Cake. Moist, classic banana bread with ten ingredients. Easy, fast and delicious. This will become your new favorite cake!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (260 gm.)
- (Or gluten free all purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1 cup sugar + ¼ cup for topping (250 gm. + 50 gm.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 gm.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (2.5 gm.)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (1.5 gm.)
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, well mixed (240 ml.)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white or apple cider) (9 ml.)
- ½ cup canola oil (120 ml.)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla (6 gm.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line two 5 x 10 loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients: bananas, coconut milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix gently with a rubber spatula or wooden mixing spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of the cake batter evenly into each loaf pan.
- Sprinkle tops of each cake evenly with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. (Rotate pans halfway through baking time for even browning.)
- Makes 2 small 5 x 10 loaves.